General Booking Conditions
1. The property known as Victor Hugo, Magnolia or Maison de Forêt hereinafter called "the Property" is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by SARL Loïs & Clarck, Mr & Mrs F BUISSON or Mr & Mrs D ROBERTS hereinafter called "the Owner" to the renter hereinafter called "the Client".
2. To reserve the property, the Client should complete, sign and date the booking form overleaf and return it by post together with payment of the initial security deposit (see clauses 4 & 5) of 30%. Receipt of the booking form and deposit, by the Owner, is considered formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner shall reserve the right to deem the reservation cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within two calendar months of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of £200 is required for any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period. For example, damage to the property or its contents and, for long term winter rentals, the consumption of electricity, gas or fire wood. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. The property must be left CLEAN and tidy. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. An ’end of stay’ cleaning service is available upon request, for an extra fee of £50 or €75, and should be reserved at least 7 days in advance with the Owner.
6. Subject to clause 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, the Owner will retain the £200 security deposit. However, the Owner shall endeavour to re-let the property. If the Owner is able to re-let the property, any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from any refundable amount subject to a minimum administration fee of £50. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day of the booking and finish at 10.00am on the last day of the booking. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the number in our individual agreement.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property, and not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those people resident in neighbouring properties. Please note we operate a non-smoking policy in all of our properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the property or garden. Arrangements for repair and / or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property nor in respect of any equipment or appliance in the property or garden.
For any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period. This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in the court of competent jurisdiction in Perpignan, FRANCE.